There are several benefits of insurance as we now live in a world full of uncertainties and risks.
Individuals, families, businesses, property, and assets are exposed to various types and levels of risks. These include the risks of loss of life, health, investments, property, etc.
Although it is impossible to prevent undesirable events, the financial world has developed products that protect individuals and legal entities from such losses, compensating them with financial resources.
Insurance is a financial product that reduces or eliminates the cost of losses or the consequences of losses caused by various types of risks.
- SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIES: 15 PROFITABLE BUSINESS IDEAS
In addition to protecting individuals and legal entities from many types of potential risks, the insurance sector contributes to the society’s overall economic growth, ensuring the stability of the functioning of enterprises and generating long-term financial resources for industrial projects.
The insurance sector also encourages savings among individuals and creates jobs for millions of people.
Insurance in simple terms:
Insurance is a term in law and economics. This is what people buy to protect themselves from losing money.
In exchange for this, if something bad happens to the insured person or thing, the company that sold the insurance will return the money.
Insurance benefits individuals, organizations, and Society to a greater extent than the average person realizes.
The Benefits of Insurance to Individuals, Families and Businesses
Some of the benefits of insurance are obvious, while others are not.
1. One important advantage of insurance is the effective use of the resources of the insured person. Insurance makes it unnecessary to set aside a large amount of money to pay for the financial consequences of risks that can be insured. This allows you to use this money more efficiently.
2. Another unusual and important benefit of insurance is the support of the insured’s credit. Insurance facilitates the issuance of loans to individuals and organizations, ensuring that the lender will be paid if the collateral for the loan is destroyed or damaged due to an insured event. This reduces the uncertainty of the creditor regarding the non-fulfillment of obligations by the party borrowing the funds.
3. The unknown benefit of insurance is that it provides a source of investment funds. Insurance companies collect insurance premiums upfront, invest these premiums in various investment instruments, and pay claims if they arise.
4. To the society, the benefits of insurance includes the reduction of the social burden. Insurance helps to reduce the burden of uncompensated accident victims and the uncertainty of Society.
5. Another great benefit of insurance is to manage the uncertainty of cash flows. The insurance provides for the payment of covered losses in case of their occurrence. Thus, the uncertainty regarding the payment of losses out of your pocket is significantly reduced.
6. An unusual advantage of insurance is compliance with legal requirements. Insurance complies with legal and contractual requirements and provides evidence of the availability of financial resources.
7. Another significant benefit of insurance is the promotion of risk control activities. Insurance policies provide incentives to implement a loss control program due to policy requirements and incentives to save premiums.
8. The obvious and most important benefit of insurance is the compensation of losses. An insurance policy is a contract used to compensate individuals and organizations for losses incurred.
Difference Between Insurer and Insured
There is a lot of confusion around the difference between “insurer” and “insured”, so lets clarify the situation.
Here you go!
An “insurer” is someone who calculates risks, provides insurance policies and pays claims. On the other hand, the “insured” is the person (or people) who are covered by the insurance policy.
Final thoughts on benefits of insurance
Understanding these benefits of insurance are crucial when analyzing the need for insurance and helps insured persons justify insurance purchases.
Insurance plans will help you pay for emergency medical care, hospitalization, treatment of any diseases, and medical care needed in the future. Insurance plans can cover even the financial losses due to the unfortunate death of sole breadwinners.